NOW&AFTER’16 theme is ECOLOGY WITHOUT BORDERS.
The sixth edition of the Festival will take place at The State Darwin Museum from October 22 till November 29, 2016.
Ecology studies interactions among organisms and their environment.
In today's world the meaning of the term “ecology” has gone far beyond the field of biology. Speaking about the ecology in a broad sense, we often have in mind the ethical component. We are talking about the ecology of culture, social ecology, political ecology, the ecology of relationships, etc., and not to forget about studying the complex relationship between humans and the environment.
So what do the artists focus on?
· Ecology as a relationship between the organisms and the environment or ecology in a general sense?
· Environmental catastrophes or ecological balance maintaining?
· Relationships between humans and the environment or the life of nature itself?
· The growth of cities or rural ecosystems development?
· Social or cultural ecology?
· Ecology of the relationships among people or between people and animals?
· Alienation from nature or integration with it?
· Contamination of the environment or preservation of untouched nature?
Now&After'16 is organized by Media Art Center Now&After http://now-after.org/eng/links.php?q=1
Now&After'16 co-organizer – the State Darwin Museum
Festival Director and Curator – Marina Fomenko http://marinafomenko.com/)