22 October 2016 — 29 November 2016
Participants of International Video Art Festival Now&After'16
We received about 800 submissions from 63 countries dedicated to this year’s theme “Ecology without Borders”. Works that have been selected for the festival will be presented at The State Darwin Museum Octoberl 22nd – November 29th. Moreover, we will show Now&After'16 special program, which includes projects of festivals from Italy, Germany, France, USA, Greece, program of Russian video artists, etc.
theme is ECOLOGY WITHOUT BORDERS.
edition of the Festival will take place at The State Darwin Museum from October
22 till November 29, 2016.
studies interactions among organisms and their environment.
today's world the meaning of the term “ecology” has gone far beyond the field
of biology. Speaking about the ecology in a broad sense, we often have in mind
the ethical component. We are talking about the ecology of culture, social
ecology, political ecology, the ecology of relationships, etc., and not to
forget about studying the complex relationship between humans and the
do the artists focus on?
Ecology as a relationship between the organisms and the
environment or ecology in a general sense?
Environmental catastrophes or ecological balance maintaining?
Relationships between humans and the environment or the
life of nature itself?
The growth of cities or rural ecosystems development?
Social or cultural ecology?
Ecology of the relationships among people or between people
Alienation from nature or integration with it?
Contamination of the environment or preservation of
is organized by Media Art Center Now&After http://now-after.org/eng/links.php?q=1
co-organizer – the State Darwin Museum
Director and Curator – Marina Fomenko http://marinafomenko.com/)
- Jan Adriaans, Stay, the Netherlands, 2015, 06:21
- Еlena Artemenko, Soft Power, Russia, 2016, 10:00
- Veronika Burger, Songs of Fortune, Austria, 2015, 08:39
- Aida Colomenero Diaz, Exodus, Spain, 2015, 03:30
- Furen Dai, Commandments for Women, USA, 2015, 05:11
- Cristiana De Marchi, Doing&Undoing. Motherhood, Lebanon, 2014, 04:40
- Addoley Dzegede, The Crazies, USA, 2014, 02:51
- Luca Ferri, Tottori, Italy, 2016, 06:00
- Fonte&Poe, Claim, Italy, 2015, 02:42
- Marie-France Giraudon, Entro(SCO)py, Canada, 2016, 15:30
- Nick Jordan, The Atom Station, UK, 2015, 13:20
- Clara J:son Borg, Scores towards a baroque care, the Netherlands, 2016, 06:06
- Anna Lindemann, Beetle Bluffs, USA, 2013, 11:35
- Anuk Miladinovic, Parting. Dedicated to RM, Switzerland, 2015, 07:31
- Frédéric Moffet, The Magic Hedge, Canada, 2015, 09:00
- Liza Morozova, Screws, Russia, 2015, 03:45
- Denis Mustafin, Death Scene, Russia, 2014, 01:00
- Christian Niccoli, Untitled, Germany, 2013, 04:10
- Slava Otrokhov, Anna Kortyukova, Albert Soldatov, New_Cheremushki, Russia,2016, 12:30
- Benjamin Ramírez Pérez, A Fire in My Brain that Separates Us, Germany, 2015, 15:00
- Augustin Rebetez, Birds, Switzerland, 2014, 06:00
- Keri Rosebraugh, A Letter to My Sister, Italy, 2015, 09:00
- Katerina Sidorova, Act 4. Farewell, the Netherlands, 2016, 05:00
- Maryam Tafakory, Fragments of a Letter to a Child Unborn, UK, 2015, 05:00
- Yael Toren, Earth, Israel, 2015, 02:52
- Nancy Wyllie, Moth Vitals, USA, 2015, 04:07
- Takayuki Yoshida, Ponpoko Mountain, Japan, 2016, 10:00
- Pim Zwier, All what is somehow useful, the Netherlands, 2013, 07:38
- rc campos, Coal for your eyes to touch, Brazil, 2016, 03:20
- Natasha Dahnberg, Headache, Sweden, 2016, 02:40
- Shaun Gladwell, Skateboarders vs Minimalism, UK, 2015, 53:28
- Reza Golchin, Class, Iran, 2016, 01:49
- Konstantin Krylovsky, A Letter to Lucy, Russia, 2016, 02:35
- Thomas Kyhn Rovsing Hjørnet, Discipline and phylogeny, Denmark, 2013, 01:42
- Nuno Manuel Pereira, The Kingdom, Portugal, 2013, 02:38
- Jean-Michel Rolland, The Race, France, 2013, 03:45
- Lyuba Sautina, Plastic Flowers, Russia, 2016, 02:30
- Alysse Stepanian, #MemoryoftheUniverse. Syria Planum: For Water for Oil, USA, 2016, 07:22
- Sofia Slonim, Anna Kobylchenko, Sergey Samodin, Sergey’s Dream, Russia, 2016, 05:18
More information is available on Now&After'16
website or on the festival’s Facebook page