In 1907 a young teacher A. F. Kohts took his collection to the Moscow Higher Women’s courses to illustrate his course of Darwinism. And thus the State Darwin museum was founded. A. F. Kohts and his loyal co-founders N.N. Ladygina-Kohts, taxidermist F.E. Fedulov, and artist V.A. Vatagin for many years kept creating various collections and tirelessly fought for the Darwin museum to have its own premises. In 1968 the second director in the museum’s history V.N. Ignatieva managed to start the building construction which lasted 20 years. The museum had turned 87 years when it finally moved to its own building. First halls were open for visitors on the 2nd of August 1995. This hall is dedicated to the museum’s exciting and dramatic but eventually a happy end story and its talented people who established the Darwin museum and continue to develop it.